Picking The Right Eyeglasses For You
If you optometrist feels that you need to start wearing glasses, you are going to need to select a frame. This is not as simple as you may think. A frame that looks great on one person may not look great on another. The frame that will look best on your will depend on the shape of your face.
Choosing a Frame For the Shape of Your Face
- Oval Shaped Face: An oval face is ideal due to the balanced proportions. If you have an oval face, you should go with a frame that is wide or wider than the largest part of your face. The best shape for an oval face is a walnut-shaped frame.
- Triangle Shaped Face: A triangle-shaped face is wide on the top two-thirds and narrow on the bottom. The best type of frame for this shape is a rimless frame. Also, frames that are wider at the bottom are an excellent choice.
- Oblong Shaped Face: An oblong shaped face is longer than it is wide. When choosing a frame, you want one that will make the face appear shorter and more balanced. Frames that have more depth than width are best. You can also go with frames that have decorative temples or contrasting temples. This will add some width to your face.
- Square Shaped Face: If you have a square shaped face, you want to purchase a frame that will make it look longer while softening the angles. Narrow frames and oval frames will perfectly balance your face.
- Round Shaped Face: They key to choosing a frame if you have a round face is to find a frame that can make it appear thinning and longer. Rectangle frames are a good choice. You can also go with a frame with a clear bridge.
Choosing a Frame For Your Skin Tone
There is more to choosing a frame based on the shape of your face. You also need to consider your skin tone. Skin tones are categorized by either warm or cool.
- Warm Tone: If you have a bronze or golden cast to your skin, your complexion is warm. The best color frame for you would be browns, golds, and light tortoise colors.
- Cool Tone: If you have pink or blue undertones, you have a cool skin tone. Light colors will wash you out; therefore, you should go with blue, gray, dark tortoise, and dark pink.
If you are getting glasses and you are having trouble finding a frame, you should make an appointment with the Vision Center of West Texas in Lubbock TX. Our team of professional opticians has the knowledge and experience to help you select a frame that fits perfectly with the shape of your face and your skin tone. Since your glasses will be very noticeable, you want to be sure that you have the perfect frame.